DIRK NOWITZKI’S 2014 HEROES CELEBRITY BASEBALL GAME
DIRK NOWITZKI’S 2014 HEROES CELEBRITY BASEBALL GAME PRESENTED BY BAYLOR MEDICAL CENTER AT FRISCO TO SATURDAY, JUNE 21 AT DR PEPPER BALLPARK
Dallas Mavs Dirk Nowitzki, Monta Ellis, Devin Harris and head coach Rick Carlisle, Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant,
Dallas Stars Tyler Seguin, former Texas Ranger great Michael Young, and other big names
team up to benefit the children’s charities of the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and the Heroes Foundation
Dallas Maverick marvel Dirk Nowitzki and a generous helping of sports stars, local luminaries and famous faces will take to the diamond for Dirk Nowitzki’s 2014 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game, presented by Baylor Medical Center at Frisco, on Saturday, June 21, at 6:30 p.m. at the Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco (7300 RoughRiders Trl). Joining Dirk will include Dallas Mavericks Monta Ellis, Devin Harris, Jae Crowder, Bernard James, Shane Larkinand Ricky Ledo, plus head coach Rick Carlisle and general manager Donnie Nelson; Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant; Dallas Stars Tyler Seguin; former Texas Rangers great Michael Young; former Dallas Mavs Jason Terry; Houston Rockets Chandler Parsons; MLB All-Star Vernon Wells;actors Josh Henderson and Geoff Stults; and more. Money raised will benefit the children’s charities of the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and the Heroes Foundation.
Gates to the Dr Pepper Ballpark will open at 4:30 p.m. The first pitch of the Heroes Special Olympics All-Star Softball Game will be thrown at 4:45 p.m. From 4 – 6 p.m. outside the ballpark, the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest will feature a bounce house, inflatable football toss, games, giveaways and more. 105.3 The Fan will broadcast live during the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest, which is sponsored by 100.3 Jack-FM, 98.7 KLUV, Newsradio 1080 KRLD and hosted by 103.7 KVIL afternoon host Kory.
At 6:30 p.m., the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game will get underway as the Blue Sox and White Sox baseball teams, each made up of celebrity players and amateurs, will play “hard-charging, umpires-umpping, base-stealing, home run-hitting, nine-inning, authentic BASEBALL!” Between-inning stunts, interactive activities, hilarity and other crowd pleasers will keep game goers of all ages entertained. In addition, a 10-minute fireworks finale sponsored by Baylor Medical Center at Frisco will follow the game.
Here is the line-up for this year’s game (players subject to change):
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks MVP and 2011 NBA champion)
- Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Rick Carlisle (Dallas Mavericks head coach)
- Jae Crowder (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- Monta Ellis (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Devin Harris (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Josh Henderson (actor of TV series Dallas)
- Bernard James (Dallas Mavericks center)
- Shane Larkin (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Ricky Ledo (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Edward Nájera (former Dallas Maverick and current head coach of the Texas Legends)
- Donnie Nelson (Dallas Mavericks president and GM)
- Chandler Parsons (Houston Rockets forward)
- Tyler Seguin (Dallas Stars center)
- Geoff Stults (actor of TV series Enlisted)
- Jason Terry (Sacramento Kings guard and former Dallas Maverick)
- Ben Rogers (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan)
- Jeff “Skin” Wade (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan)
- Jody Dean (host of Jody Dean & The Morning Team on 98.7 KLUV)
- Vernon Wells (MLB All-Star)
- Michael Young (former Texas Ranger infielder)
Tickets are $8, $12, $16 and $19 and are on sale at Ticketmaster (1-800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com or at the Dr Pepper Ballpark Box Office during office hours. Will call will open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 21. Tickets also will be available at the door.
Parking for the general public will be available at Lots A, B and E.
Baylor Medical Center at Frisco is the sponsor of the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game and the fireworks finale. Other sponsors are The Joule: A Luxury Collection Hotel, AXS.TV, Click Here, Credit Suisse, Sewell Automotive Group, The Richards Group, Special Olympics Texas Greater Dallas – Area 10, The Frisco Roughriders, and Tim Headington. Media sponsors are CBS 11 and TXA 21, 105.3 The Fan, 98.7 KLUV, 103.7 KVIL, 100.3 Jack-FM, NewsRadio 1080 KRLD.