Tonight’s Hot Ticket
Keb’mo tonight at the Kessler! Last nights performance was EPIC. In spite of the weather locals still managed to watch this legend perform. Tonight is the second night of the Dallas leg of the tour and you won’t want to miss the sultry blues sounds of Keb’mo.
About Keb’ Mo’:
- Keb’ Mo’s 12thstudio album, titled BLUESAmericana, was released on April 22, 2014 on Kind of Blue Music. Following it’s release, the album spent several weeks at #1 on the Soundscan Blues Album chart and went on to garner three 2015 Grammy noms. In addition, BLUESAmericana Is nominated for Best Contemporary Blues Album – 2015 Blues Music Awards, was recently named one of the Top 100 Americana Albums of 2014 (at #19) and was selected as #4 out of the 10 Top Blues Albums of 2014 by iTunes.
- This past year, Keb’ Mo’ performed at tribute concerts across the country.Last May, Keb’ appeared alongside Metallica at MusiCares’ 10th Annual MAP Fund Benefit Concert at Nokia honoring Ozzy Osbourne and Jeff Greenberg. In October, he joined an impressive lineup of stars that gathered to honor the Everly Brothers, Phil and Don, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 19th annual Music Masters® Series, and in November, he joined all-star acts, including Bonnie Raitt, Gregg Allman, Taj Mahal, Grace Potter, and many others, at Chicago’s Auditorium Theatre for Mavis 75, a celebration of Staples’ life and career in honor of her 75th birthday.
- In 2014, Keb’ also guest appeared or collaborated on songs with Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Mindy Abair, Greg Allmanand was featured on the Jackson Browne tribute album, Looking Into You: A Tribute to Jackson Browne.
- Keb’ continues to tour heavily; playing in theaters and mid-size venues across the country.For a list of tour dates, visit www.kebmo.com.
- Over the past two decades, Keb’ has cultivated a reputation as a modern master of American roots music through the understated excellence of his live and studio performances. B.B. King, Buddy Guy, the Dixie Chicks, Joe Cocker, Robert Palmer and Tom Jones have all recorded his songs.
- Over the years, he’s collaborated with a host of artists including Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Brown, Cassandra Wilson, Buddy Guy, Amy Grant, Solomon Burke, Little Milton and many others.
- His guitar playing has inspired leading instrument makers Gibson Brands to issue the Keb’ Mo’ Signature Bluesmaster acoustic guitar and Martin Guitars to issue the HD-28KM Keb’ Mo’ Limited Edition Signature model.
- Keb’ wrote and performs the theme song for the smash sit-com, Mike & Mollyand was music composer for TV’s Memphis Beat. He has also been featured in TV and film, playing Robert Johnson in the 1998 documentary “Can’t You Hear The Wind Howl,” appeared three times on the television series, “Touched By an Angel,” and was the ghostly bluesman Possum in John Sayles’ 2007 movie, “Honeydripper.”
- Keb’ is very involved with the Playing For Changemovement, which was created to inspire, connect and bring peace to the world through music. He has been involved with Playing With Change since it’s inception and has been featured in many related videos and events. Keb’ is featured on the Playing For Change album: Playing for Change 3: Songs Around the World, which was released June 17, and features over 180 musicians from 31 countries, including Keith Richards, Sara Bareilles, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rosas, Taj Mahal and many others. Keb’ Mo’ donates 5% of BLUESAmericana sales proceeds to the foundation.
Socials – Facebook: @KebMo | Twitter: @KebMoMusic | Instagram: @KebMoMusic