Dirk Nowitzki’s 2015 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game Presented by Baylor Medical Center at Frisco on Saturday June, 27 at Dr. Pepper Ballpark
Dirk and Dallas Mavs players Tyson Chandler, Monta, Devin, and Charlie Villanueva, NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley, Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant, former Texas Rangers great Michael Young, actors Geoff Stults and Josh Henderson, and others team up to benefit Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and the Heroes Foundation
Stee-rike! The Dallas Mavericks’ 7-foot phenomenon may not seem like a natural fit on the baseball diamond but after securing the MVP award at last year’s game, Dirk Nowitzki is nothing to bat an eye at. See him and other famous faces duke it out at Dirk Nowitzki’s 2015 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game, presented by Baylor Medical Center at Frisco, on Saturday, June 27, at 6:30 p.m. at the Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco (7300 RoughRiders Trl). Chock-full of stardom, the all-celeb line-up will include NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley, Dallas Mavericks Tyson Chandler, Monta Ellis, Devin Harris and Charlie Villanueva, Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant, Cole Beasley, Brandon Carr, Jack Crawford, Doug Free, Tyron Smith, J. J. Wilcox and Terrance Williams, former Dallas Mavericks Brian Cardinal, Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel, singer Ryan Cabrera, actors Josh Henderson and Geoff Stults, and more. Money raised will benefit the children’s charities of the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and the Heroes Foundation.
Gates to the Dr Pepper Ballpark will open at 4:30 p.m. The first pitch of the Heroes Special Olympics All-Star Softball Game will be thrown at 4:45 p.m. From 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. outside the ballpark, the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest will feature a bounce house, inflatable football toss, games, giveaways and more. 105.3 The Fan will broadcast live during the CBS RADIO DFW Fan Fest, which includes 100.3 Jack-FM, 98.7 KLUV, Newsradio 1080 KRLD and 103.7 KVIL.
At 6:30 p.m., the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game will get underway as the Blue Sox and White Sox, each made up of celebrity players, will play “hard-charging, umpires-umpping, base-stealing, home run-hitting, nine-inning, authentic BASEBALL!” Between-inning stunts, interactive activities and other family-fun crowd pleasers will keep game goers entertained. In addition, a 10-minute fireworks finale sponsored by Baylor Medical Center at Frisco will follow the game.
Here is the line-up for this year’s game (players subject to change):
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks MVP and 2011 NBA champion)
- Charles Barkley (NBA Hall of Famer and TV analyst)
- Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Cole Beasley (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Ryan Cabrera (pop/rock singer and Dallas native)
- Brian Cardinal (former Dallas Mavericks forward and 2011 NBA champion)
- Rick Carlisle (Dallas Mavericks head coach and 2011 NBA champion)
- Brandon Carr (Dallas Cowboys cornerback)
- Tyson Chandler (Dallas Mavericks center and 2011 NBA champion)
- Jack Crawford (Dallas Cowboys defensive end)
- Monta Ellis (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Michael Finley (former Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Doug Free (Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle) – He will be a team manager.
- Devin Harris (Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Josh Henderson (actor of TV series Dallas)
- Chandler Parsons (Dallas Mavericks forward) – He will be a team manager.
- Tyler Seguin (Dallas Stars center)
- Tyron Smith (Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle)
- Marc Stein (ESPN sports reporter)
- Nick Van Exel (former Dallas Mavericks guard)
- Charlie Villanueva (Dallas Mavericks forward)
- J. J. Wilcox (Dallas Cowboys safety)
- Terrance Williams (Dallas Cowboys wide receiver)
- Michael Young (former Texas Rangers infielder)
- Jody Dean (host of Jody Dean & The Morning Team on 98.7 KLUV)
- Edward Egros (Fox 4 weekend sports anchor)
- Kory (KVIL 103.7 host)
- Ben Rogers (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan)
- Jeff “Skin” Wade (co-host of The Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan and Dallas Mavericks TV analyst)
Tickets are $8, $12, $16 and $19 and are on sale at Ticketmaster (1-800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com) or at the Dr Pepper Ballpark Box Office during office hours. Will call will open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 27. Tickets also will be available at the door. Parking for the general public will be available at Lots A, B and E for $10.
Baylor Medical Center at Frisco is the sponsor of the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game and the fireworks finale. Other sponsors are The Joule: A Luxury Collection Hotel, AXS.TV, Click Here, Credit Suisse, FanWish, Sewell Automotive Group, The Richards Group, Special Olympics Texas Greater Dallas – Area 10, Swypit, The Frisco Roughriders, The Marketing Arm, and Tim Headington. Media sponsors are Fox 4, 105.3 The Fan, 98.7 KLUV, 103.7 KVIL, 100.3 Jack-FM, and NewsRadio 1080 KRLD.